6/1/09

Anaverde



I am trying to make more time for some personal photography. Recently I went out to document the mortgage crisis in my own development. My wife and I live in a large newer development in Palmdale, just north of LA. The development is beautiful but it has been hit hard by the mortgage meltdown. Entire neighboorhoods have been abandoned, some right before being completed. It is sad to see a big beautiful houses just rotting away. The photo above is an entire cul de sac of exactly that. See more from this series here.

In the above photo I desaturated the color and boosted the contrast, I then added three layers of textures to the image. I have not used textures much in my work but I plan to try to incorporate them more often in the future.


Josh
Joshua Kline Productions
www.jklineproductions.com
626-676-4458